In our final installment we interview Tucker Lorentzen, who is currently at St John's University.
|Tucker at St John's University|
1. Name of your School: St.John's University
2. What high school did you attend? Champlin Park High School
3. The very first collegiate football practice, I felt… My first college practice I undoubtedly felt prepared due to my training with Chris. Without his help I would have not been as confident in my abilities as a kicker.
4. Athletic Status (True Freshman or Redshirt): True Freshman
5. If not Red Shirted, have you had a chance to play in a game yet? Not yet
6. Biggest memory/moment so far your freshman year? Being able to start fresh in a new program is an amazing feeling. That feeling of a clean slate puts pressure on yourself to perform well but, i wouldn't have it any other way.
7. The 2 biggest differences between high school and college football: Competition, in High School you can get away with missing a few kicks every now and then and not having to worry about it because you were the only guy (in most cases). Whereas in college you will see lots of guys at your level and waiting for someone to mess up. You still miss kicks in college obviously but you are definitely under closer watch.
8. What did you work on most prior to the start of your college year? I worked on transitioning from a tee to the ground on field goals. It took me awhile to get the hang of it but I'm finally starting to become more consistent.
9. Best advice you received to prepare you for collegiate football: Stay humble, no matter how good you think you are there is always someone better. There is never a reason you should not be training. Always outwork your competition or you won't play.
|Tucker kicking at Champlin Park High School|
10. Most memorable moment as a high school athlete. Sophomore year kicking for the first time on varsity. Truly a moment I will never forget. Kicking your first field goal in front of that many people is a special feeling we as kickers are lucky to experience.
11. 2 Biggest Role Models: My parents. Undoubtedly the most important people in my life. If I can become half as wise and generous as they are I will be happy to say the least.
12. Three songs you need to listen to before each game: "Where the hood at" By DMX, "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC, and "Welcome To The Jungle" by Guns N' Roses.
|Tucker training in the off season.|
Wishing you good luck in your college football career.
Professional Kicking Coach and Owner
Special Teams Football Academy
Join our Facebook Fan Page!
Follow us on Twitter.
Follow us on Instagram.
Subscribe to our YouTube Videos.