Southern Specialists Camp Produces College Recruits, Offers and Commitments.On January 12th, Coach Chris Husby of Special Teams Football Academy and Coach Brian Jackson of Team Jackson Kicking. The two kicking organizations partnered together and put on a fantastic camp in Atlanta, GA that saw 43 campers, 8 staff members, and 10 states represented. Since that camp, many of the specialists have been offered scholarships to all divisions of football, as well as preferred walk on invitations to colleges.
For more information on the recap of the 'Southern Specialists Camp' and information on our next winter camp, continue reading below.
Camp picture below:
|43 campers, 8 staff members, and 10 states represented|
The camps duration was 8 hours on a beautiful January Saturday, with 73 degree sunny temperatures, and about 5-10 mph wind. The facilities at Carrollton High School (Atlanta, GA) were perfect and the event included demonstrations by staff, instruction, competitions, charting, and live game situations. Most of the sessions were videotaped by the camp directors, and during lunch, parents and players were invited to watch film and learn more about the recruiting process.
- Great atmosphere, quality teaching and participants were serious/quality young men. - Parent
- My son has been to several camps hosted by several companies. Your camp was the most organized of all the camps that he attended. - Parent
- I had a really fun time, and made some new friends -Athlete
- The Southern Specialist Camp, as well as Team Jackson Kicking, showed me that just because your just a little part of this wonderful game of football, doesn't mean your not important to the team. That Kickers/Punters/Snappers are a crucial part of a win and that without all 3 of those specialists, you cannot be a TEAM. Thank you Coach Husby and Coach Jackson. - Athlete
- Going to the camp was one of the best experiences I had. Not only did I learn a lot but I also made new friends. The friendly atmosphere makes it easier to learn from the coaches provided! - Athlete
|Great learning environment|
This camp was for ages 10-19, but the focus was on high school aged kickers, punters, longsnappers, and holders to showcase their skills in front of college coaches from D2, D3, NAIA, and JUCO schools. There were a handful of coaches on hand, and there were over 30 coaches after the event that have requested recommendations on seniors and juniors as possible players for their program.
|Last Man Standing Competition|
As of February 4, 2013 – there have been numerous specialists that attended the Southern Specialists Camp that have received significant interest from various colleges since attending. Below is an updated list of offers and commitments from players that attended the camp, as well as worked with TJK or STFA.
- Devin Holdeman (LS) – Committed on 75% Scholarship to Trinity International University
- Alex Lindsay (K/P) – Committed on Full Scholarship to Faulkner University
- Blake Steinwinder (K/P) – Committed on Full Scholarship to Pearl River (Soccer)
- Jon Lister (P) – Committed on Full Scholarship to Bethune Cookman
- Brandon Roberts (K/P) – Offered Preferred Walk On Invite by Troy University
- Luke Jackson (K/P) – Offered Full Scholarships by Alabama A&M, Alcorn State, Delta St – Offered Preferred Walk On Invites by Georgia Tech, Missouri, Arkansas and NCST
- Will Cowart (L/P) – Offeredy 75% Scholarship by LaGrange College
- Marshall Aspinwall (K/P) – Offered Full Scholarship by Assumption College
- Steven Macias (K/P) – Offered Full NAIA offers by Dakota State and Mayville State
- Drew Boudreaux (LS) – Offered Walk On Invite by Mississippi State
- Danny Laudet (K/P)- Offered Walk On by U of Minnesota, Montana State and various others.
- Izzy Hernandez (K/P) – Offered Preferred Walk On Invites by Maryville and Birmingham Southern
- Trey Collins (K/P) – Offer 75% Scholarship to Huntingdon
Video Recap of our camp:
|Coaching run charting|
Coach Chris Husby Professional Kicking Coach and Owner Special Teams Football Academy Join our Facebook Fan Page! CoachHusby@gmail.com 651-353-2660