We had an exciting week for football in the second full week of the Minnesota High School Football Season. There were a number of high scoring games as well as a number of great performances by specialists and more field goal attempts, which we always love to see. Our top Minnesota High School specialist had a busy game. Alex Brennan of Prior Lake High School converted all 5 of his PATs as well as kicked 1 field goal of 23 yards. Alex had a great game and is off to a great start this season.
The top punter in Minnesota was Drew Hmielewski of Marshall High School. He kicked a 48.3 yard average on 3 punts. Congratulations to everyone that had a big game.
Top Minnesota High School Specialists
- Alex Brennan- Prior Lake HS- 5 for 5 PATs and 1 field goal of 23 yards- 8 points
- Matt Becker- Rogers HS- 5 for 8 PATs and 1 field goal of 37 yards- 8 points
- Evan Tolkkinen- Delano HS- 4 for 4 PATs and 1 field goal of 37 yards- 7 points
- Eduardo Contreras- Chaska HS- 4 for 5 PATs and 1 field goal of 28 yards- 7 points
- Monte Monchamp- Mayer Lutheran HS- 7 for 8 PATs- 7 points
- Diego Meza-Palmer- Minneota HS- 7 for 8 PATs- 7 points
- Justin Cichon- Upsala/Swanville HS- 4 for 5 PATs and 1 field goal of 25 yards- 7 points
- Anders Gelecinskyj- Bloomington Kennedy HS- Kicked a 46 yard field goal
- Josue Gonzalez- Burnsville HS- Kicked a 46 yard field goal
- Drew Hmielewski- Marshall HS- 3 punts for 145 total yards and a 48.3 yard average.
- Matt McIver- Minnewaska HS- 3 punts for 136 total yards and a 45.3 yard average
- Grant Olson- Woodbury HS- 3 punts for 130 total yards and 43.3 yard average
- Josh Germolus- Perham HS- 3 punts for 130 total yards and a 43.3 yard average.
- Brett Swenhaugen- Tracy/Milroy/Balaton HS- 3 punts for 125 total yards and a 41.7 yard average.
- Mac Brown- St Thomas Academy- 7 punts for 284 total yards and 40.7 yard average
- Noah French- Winona Cotter- 3 punts for 120 total yards and a 40 yard average.
Congratulations to Everyone!