In this installment we interview Alexi Johnson, who is currently at St Johns University. Alexi had a great year kicker as a freshman and was one of the conference leaders in kicking.
|Kicking for St Johns University.|
1. Name of your School: St Johns University
2. What high school did you attend? Shakopee High School
3. The very first collegiate football practice, I felt… a little out of place, nervous and wondering if I was really good enough to do this.
4. Athletic Status (True Freshman or Redshirt): True Freshman
5. If not Red Shirted, have you had a chance to play in a game yet? Yes, I am the starter.
6. Biggest memory/moment so far your freshman year? I got the opportunity to kick a game winner for my team on my first field of my career.
7. The 2 biggest differences between high school and college football: It's a lot faster. You have to be the ball off a lot faster too.
8. What did you work on most prior to the start of your college year? I worked a lot harder on kickoffs the most before I got to college.
9. Best advice you received to prepare you for collegiate football: There are going to be bad days playing football. But you have to fight through it and keep working hard.
|Kicking for Shakopee High School|
10. Most memorable moment as a high school athlete. Kicking the game winner in my final homecoming game after we camp back from being down 14 points.
11. 2 Biggest Role Models: My soccer coach Mark Teslow and my cousin Robbie
12. Three songs you need to listen to before each game: Tom Ford, Till I Collapse, Day 'n Nite
|Celebrating after his game winning field in his first collegiate game.|
Congrats on a great season.
Professional Kicking Coach and Owner
Special Teams Football Academy
Join our Facebook Fan Page!
Follow us on Twitter.
Follow us on Instagram.
Subscribe to our YouTube Videos.