At the midway point in the high school football season, we are starting to see a few kicker's names surface with repeat big kicking performances. This week Anders Gelecinskyj of Bloomington Kennedy HS had another big game kicking with 2 PATs and 2 field goals of 29 and 47 yards to help his team.
The week's top punter hails from St Thomas Academy. Mac Brown had a big game throughout the whole game. He had 3 punts for 170 total yards and a 56.7 yard ave, which included a phenomenal 87 yard punt, as well as 3 kickoffs for 182 yards, a 60.66 yard ave and two touchbacks. 3 of 3 on Extra points and as a WR 9 total pass receptions for 108 yards and 1 TD reception.
Long Snapper Seamus Wilson of Eagan High School had a great game snapping executing 7 perfect punt and extra point snaps.
There were a number of big performances my many kickers and punters. Congratulations to everyone.
Top Minnesota High School Specialists
- Anders Gelecinskyj- Bloomington Kennedy HS- 4 for 4 PATs and 2 field goals of 29 & 47 yards- 11 points
- Luke Dertinger-Becker HS- 8 for 8 PATs and 1 punt of 33 yards- 8 points
- Aaron Salmon- Cleveland HS- 5 for 5 PATs and 1 field goal of 31 yards- 8 points
- Evan Erickson-Lakeville North HS- 5 for 5 PATs and 1 field goal of 36 yards- 8 points
- Mitch Bourgerie- St Michael Albertville HS- 4 for 4 PATs and 1 field goal of 28 yards- 7 points
- Zach Savitz- Hopkins HS- 4 for 4 PATs and 1 field goal of 35 yards- 7 points
- Freshman Kicker Nathan Willis of Eagan HS, broke the school record with a 40 Yard Field Goal during a Freshman B Squad game. Watch Here.
- Freshman Reid Sanders of Wayzata HS, had a big game at the freshman level. 3 for 3 on Field Goals (long of 33 yards) and 4 for 4 PATs for 13 points. Also had a tackle and a kickoff that lead to a safety!
- Mac Brown- St Thomas Academy- 3 punts for 170 total yards and a 56.7 yard ave. (Includes 87 yard punt). 3 for 3 PATs
- Chase Fleischauer- Tartan HS- 5 punts for 225 total yards and a 45 yard average.
- Trace Tollefson- Fillmore Central HS- 4 punts for 177 yards and a 44.2 yard average.
- AJ Laudet- Stillwater HS- 7 punts for 301 total yards and a 43 yard average.
- Elias Kukkanen- Cromwell HS- 3 punts for 130 total yards and a 43.3 yard average.
- Mitch Jerde- Forest Lake HS- 4 punts for 162 yards and a 40.5 yard average
- Derrick Fidelman- Eastview HS- 6 punts for 240 total yards and a 40 yard average.
Top Long Snapper
- Seamus Wilson- Eagan HS- Perfect on 7 snaps (4 Extra Points and 3 Punt Snaps)
- Brady Beuschel- Upper Iowa U- 6 for 6 PATs and 1 field goal of 23 yards- 9 points
- Andrew O'Reilly- Bethel U- 7 for 7 PATs- 7 points
- Isaac Aanerud- Bemidji State U- 7 punts for 268 total yards and a 38.3 yard ave. 1 punt I-20. 2 for 2 PATs and 1 field goal of 27 yards and 4 KOs 63 yard ave and 2 touchbacks.
- Brandon Boche- Gustavus U- 6 for 6 PATs- 6 points
- Alexi Johnson- St Johns U- 3 for 3 PATs and 1 field goal of 42 yards- 6 points
- Tyler Hanson-Augsburg College- 6 for 8 PATs- 6 points
Congratulations to you all!
Coach Chris Husby
Professional Kicking Coach and Owner
Join our Facebook Fan Page!
Follow us on Twitter.
Follow us on Instagram.
Subscribe to our YouTube Videos.