In Week 2 of High School Football, we saw another batch of great performances by a number of specialists. Our week 2 Minnesota Prep Athlete Special Teams Player of the Week hails from Lakeville South, Brendan Boche. He had a big day for his team kicking 2 for 2 on PATS and also going 2 for 2 on Field Goals (42 & 49 yards) and scoring 8 points for his team. Brendan has really developed over the last 2 years to become a clutch kicker. Brendan has converted 4 Field Goals all over 40 yards each. He gets great height on his Kickoffs which often prevents his opponent from making a big return. Congratulations!
- Brendan Boche- Lakeville South- 2 for 2 PAT- 2 Field Goals- 42 & 49 yards- 8 points
- Perry Smith- Minnetonka- 5 for 5 PATs & 1 Field Goal (22 yards)- 8 points
- Clay Elmore- Wayzata- 8 for 8 PATs- 8 points
- Easton Pompa- Dawson-Boyd- 8 for 8 PATs- 8 points
- Carter McCauley- Owatonna- 3 for 3 PATs- 1 Field Goal- 38 yard game winning field goal from the right hash as time expired to lift #1 (Class 5A) ranked Owatonna to a 24-21 win over #2 ranked Mankato West
- Ethan Anderson- Minnewaska- 3 for 3 PATs- 1 Field Goal Game Winner over the #3 ranked team (24-22).
- Charles Stejskal- Maple Lake- In his first ever real game punting. 3 punts for a total of 133 yards (51, 36, 46) with no return yards (all fair catches)- 44.33 yard ave. He also had a great game kicking going 4 for 4 on PATS and kicked 1 Field Goal (35 yards) for 7 points
- Hunter Ehlers- Randolph- 2 punts- 98 yards- 49 yard ave.
- Connor Bolduc- Mahtomedi- 2 punts 90 yards- 45 yard ave.
- Tenzin Kalsang- Columbia Heights- 2 punts- 89 yards- 44.5 yard ave.
- Matthew Juneau- Champlin Park- 4 punts- 177 yards- 44.2 yard ave.
- Brandon Low- Wayzata- Had a busy night with 12 great snaps (8 PAT & 4 Punts). Also performed well on other special teams units.
Coach Husby also has helped train a number of specialists that live outside of MN. We'd like to recognize those student's top performances.
Top Out-Of-State Specialist of the Week
- Drew Cornwell- Iowa City High School- 4 PATs & 2 Field Goals (21 & 40 yards)- 10 points
- Nathan Mesher- Sir John McDonald High School (Waterloo,Canada)- 5 punts of 57, 49, 41, 30, 25 (tipped) yards- 40.4 yard ave
Top Collegiate Specialist
- Ruan Albuquerque- Rochester Community & Technical College (RCTC)- 2 for 2 PATs & 4 of 6 Field Goals. This Field Goal kicking performance set a School Record. Missed 57 yard Field Goal by 1 foot and had 1 kick blocked- 14 points
Congratulations to everyone!
Professional Kicking Coach and Owner
Special Teams Football Academy
Join our Facebook Fan Page!
Subscribe to our YouTube Videos.